Monday, March 23, 2009

Slippage

It would seem that my New Year's Resolution is slipping: I haven't been keeping up. Oops.

So a lot of shit has happened in the past month; it begs the question: where to start?

Classes have kept me busy (kinda). The fact that I STILL have no job seems to add give me a lot of free time, though that also means I'm low on cash. Another plus side, though, is that I have managed to keep up on my studies, which is a very good thing. I've been doing well on all my tests and quizzes so far, so let's hope I can keep that up.

Spring Break was the week before last. I took a trip to Myrtle Beach with some friends, we had a blast. The beach was beautiful, the skies were blue, the weather was warm, everything really was perfect.

The first day, we started off by eating lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. That was quite possible the BEST shrimp I've ever eaten, and I got this banana dessert that was fanstastic. We then went to this interactive role playing adventure called Magiquest. You basically walk around with a wand, and wave it around at various objects in the room to make them do things. You have accomplish various quests and missions to complete the game. Unfortunately, you only have an hour and a half to play, so you need to come back multiple times in order to finish the game. Perhaps next year?

The next day we spent some time shopping at Barefoot Landing. It's always fun seeing the beachy stores and the various things they have. We ate some ice cream at Johnny Rockets while we were there, and it was probably one of the best ice cream sundaes I've ever had. That night we went to a dinner and show called the Mideival Times. It was really interesting, you get to eat a 4 course meal while watching a bunch of people ride around on horses and act out a story set in the (obviously) mideival times. Perhaps the best part of that is outside the show room there was a lobby area that had a dance floor with club music playing. Last time I check, Teisto isn't mideival, but whatever.

The last day we ate lunch at a really interesting fast-food type Italian restaurant called Fizoli's. Afterwards, we went min-golfing (because when you're in Myrtle Beach, you HAVE to go mini-golfing). We then proceeded to Broadway at the Beach and saw the Watchmen, and concluded our day with some semi-decent seafood (I've had better).

After a fun filled 3 days, we spent the fourth cleaning up the condo and heading home, then had 3 days of rest before classes started back. All in all, I'd say a good Spring Break.

(And that took up MOST of my blog post, lol.)

Though other than that, not much to talk about lately. Maybe next time I'll actually write a blog with a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment