Monday, February 2, 2009

You Will Be the Death of Me

Interesting title, neh?

The main point of this post is to criticize incompetent teachers. For the love of Pete, my Linear Algebra teacher is surely the MOST clueless professor I've ever had. Our class is slowly trudging through the book because, for whatever reason, he thinks we're not getting it. Unfortunately, our quiz scores say otherwise, but he insists that what we are learning is the fundamental knowledge of Linear Algebra and assumes that not a one of us understand what he's talking about.

Here's my opinion: If you don't understand the concept of vectors, scalars, and a row column, you need not be in Matrices and Linear Algebra or majoring in anything that requires you to take it. That's perfectly fine if math just isn't your thing, I can understand that, but if math isn't your thing, then you DO NOT need to be taking anything in college that requires a lot of math. Linear Algebra is not a general education course, and therefore he should be moving at a normal, perhaps even a slightly accelerated pace. I am not a three year old and I'm tired of being treated like one. I understand that I'm better at math than most people, but this guy is just moving like a snail. While in most other classes we're approaching the end of the 1st chapter of our textbooks, or even moving along through the 2nd chapter, we are still stuck at section 1.3 in Linear Algebra, and this is the 4th week of the semester.

I didn't pay for this shit.

Lrn2math.

No comments:

Post a Comment